Jasmine (left) and I

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Countdown: three days


That is right, I have three days until I leave Waco behind for two months to live in Montevideo, Uruguay, for two months. Within those three days I will have an interview for a fall internship, have four finals and say good-bye to friends. I packed like a madwoman for hours yesterday and my room is in shambles (aka boxes.) I only lived in our house for one semester because I studied abroad for last fall semester in Florence, Italy, and saw Europe. It was amazing.


I am going to Uruguay by myself. I do not know anyone else who will be going. I hope to use my time in Uruguay as a learning and growing experience. Although it is hard to leave my family and friends behind, it is only temporary and I know the effects will be endless. I will be living with a widow in a house while I am there. Apparently one other person will be staying in the house with me, but I do not even know their gender at this point. The whole ordeal is just a big scary, exciting adventure.


The first three weeks I am there I will be studying Spanish in classes. The rest of my time there I will be interning at a public relations firm in the city. Talk about intense. It will be fall in Uruguay, which is a little depressing since I will be living eight blocks from the beach, but I most certainly cannot really complain!


It is sort of starting to hit me that I am going to a country very far away in South America now that my room is a disaster zone, but I am still in school mode. I don't think it will fully hit me until I am on the plane leaving Dallas. My dad and sister (Rachel) will be meeting me at the DFW airport to say good-bye. I have my last final on the same day that I fly out. One next oldest sister (Courtney) who goes to TCU came and told me bye today. I cannot believe this is really happening, but I am glad that it is.

No comments: