Jasmine (left) and I

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Rock


As I have mentioned before, my Spanish is most certainly not the best in the world. I am still very much an intermediate from not having studied Spanish for at least two years before coming to Montevideo.

When I met my boss the other day, he said something about Thursday, but he only said a couple sentences and he speaks so quickly that I couldn't tell what he was saying. Today I received a call from him here at the school while I was in class. After some time on the phone I figured out that I am going to "Graffiti" tonight. I had no idea what that was when I hung up the phone. All I knew was that I was not going to be able to go with the huge group that is going tonight to dance and the place we went to last week. I was totally bummed.

Then I looked up the information on "Graffiti" online. It is the national Uruguayan rock awards!! So I am definetely not as bummed as I was at all. I get to go to an invitation-only event with my work. Not only that, but I get to hear some Uruguayan rock bands. (That has GOT to be interesting.) I am really excited! They pick me up outside of my house at 9 p.m. Wish me luck.

Other than that, only the Adelante stuff is going on. They have not tried to appease us except to change a couple wordings in their information (unsatisfactorily I might add) and add one more activity to the one activity that we were given (to make it plural like the contract says I suppose.) Some say we could press suit for all the lies and breach of contract that have taken place, but I wish they would just be more professional about the situation.

Tomorrow is our last day at the school...it is hard to believe that it has been three weeks already. Well, maybe it's not THAT hard to believe. The teachers here at the school are amazing and I hope they continue to receive more students. We have a farewell dinner tomorrow night. We will probably go out tomorrow night for Jasmine's 21st birthday too. She has us planning it all, so hopefully I can do okay with that. I know she likes TGI Friday's and I think there is one in the Montevideo Shopping Mall...

No comments: